Sunday, October 28, 2012

Run for the Silent


This last weekend a group of us were running in a marathon that was put on by our city. However we ran to help support and raise awareness for sex trafficking. For the Silent is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to putting an end to sex trafficking all over the world, including right here in the United States. Sex trafficking is a modern day form of slavery that uses children of all ages under the age of 18 for commercial use of sex. If you'd like to find out other information or to do what you can to Run For The Silent, please check out their site.

On too the polish! I wanted to match my husband's gray performance shirt that he picked out and the regular blue one I picked out. I used two coats of OPI Skull and Glossbones for the base, added a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust. That was just not enough sparkles for me and running that early, and with no workout of any kind for two months prior; frankly, I needed something pretty to keep me calm. So CVS' Spoiled Jewelry Heist came out. I wanted some pink, and I think it has a nice combination of blue and pink with a hint touch of green. I love it, then I added another coat of Fairy Dust on the tips for a bit of a gradient look. 




I don't know about you, but I loved this mani. It did not turn out how I wanted it to. The gorgeous gray of Skulls and Glossbones looks more blue, and the pink glitter looked more golden unless the sun hit it just right. I've worn these two before and didn't have this outcome so I only assume it was the combination. However I loved this so much I actually left it on for a full five days and it's a great look for fall. Can't say it really tied in with our shirts, but I enjoyed it as did a few others who noticed. That's what really matters with accessories, that we get to enjoy ourselves a little bit. Guess it goes to show that sometimes things can come out better than you think they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment