Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hallow-Rain

Ah, fall the best season of the year. I absolutely love this season and all the weather and colors it brings us. We can't forget about the bonfires, apples and the amazing cider it brings, and pumpkins and Halloween, of course. Which of course I hope you've made sure to do in this extremely short fall season we have this year. I think we had less than a week of it... yes, I think I shed some tears over it. I actually don't really celebrate Halloween myself, but I do like to play with some Halloween scenes on my nails and watch some movies with the friends. 


Here is today's pretty, Zoya Tao. It is from Zoya's Mirror Collection from Fall 2011. Smooth consistency and opaque in two coats. Fall 2011 is known for it's greys, which could not have made me happier. Tao is no exception, described as a light smoke grey with blue undertones and a muted, softened metallic finish.


                        




I could not leave well enough alone, after a day I decided to give it a halloween topping. Yes, I said topping, my new term apparently. But I love food, so I guess it's quite fitting for this lady. :) 

BM plates BM-209, BM-213, BM-222, and BM-223 were used. Not shown is the pumpkin from BM-222 as an accent on my right thumb. I did not play by the norm on this mani. I meant to do two accents on each hand, but loved the bats so much I wanted to use them on the rest instead of just an accent. I'm not usually into ghosts, but this one is way too cute and I figured once or twice out of the year isn't too bad for a casper type of ghost. Sally Hansen Silver Sweep was used for stamping and Art Deco Black was used for the rain. (My husband thougth they looked like clouds.) Clearly I need some work with the dotting, but I went raw and wanted to use the brush to see what look it gave. I actually like the streaked ones better, seemes to look more like rain. 



Not my best work work, but I enjoyed it for a playful look for a couple days. What do you think, 1. a fail,  2. something to learn from, or 3. no worries, let's just play? 

I mean, look at all that shimmery prettiness all from Tao!





No comments:

Post a Comment